The New and Improved Tiger Cafe!

May 4, 2023

Dre: this is the tiger café and a lot of students and teachers are curious about why it has not been up and running since the previous school year of 2022. Since we’ve gotten a brand new culinary teacher, I decided to talk with her one on one and see what her intentions are with the Tiger Café for the coming school year.

Mrs Hardy: Hi My name is Chef Hardy and I am the culinary teacher for San Jacinto High School. This is my first year teaching at San Jacinto High School so I had a lot of preparation that I needed to do before I could get started. So what I did do was go and visit um Perris High School and Poly High School just to see how their café is being ran

Dre: Although the Tiger Café is not up and running, the preparation process has seemingly been super exciting for a few of the assistance of the Café.

Elijah: Hi My name’s Elijah, I’m in 10th grade and I help manage the Tiger Café

Jalaya: My name is Jalaya, I’m a Junior and I help cook in the Tiger Café

Martin: My names Martin Cortez, I’m a senior here at SJ, I’m one of the helpers here in the Tiger Café

Dre:  We asked the students what they felt would be great dishes to serve the teachers since their re innovating the space.

Elijah: snacks, sandwiches, soups

Jalaya: I think we should serve the teachers more filling foods like spaghetti and pastas

Martin: Maybe introducing some tortas, some tacos, more stuff that you could build by yourself; stuff that gives the teachers more freedom to mix and match with what they want. 

Dre: aint gon’ lie. I don’t think its fair that students get to eat only and not students but hey…anyways. The students are intrigued in the development process but I’m sure teachers want to know when we can look forward for the new involvements.

Mrs. Hardy: We will be opening up this week so the teachers will have somewhere to come and have lunch…we will not be preparing lunch for them yet, but they will have a place where they can have lunch. So we will be full in effect um..coming fall 2023- 24