New Principal Interview

May 2, 2023

Good morning, evening, and afternoon Tigers, my name is [insert name] and today we will be talking about Dr. Coulter and her time here at SJ. Ms. Rojas: “I think that she has a difficult job, it’s gotta be hard to come in as a leader of a school halfway through the school year. One of my favorite attributes about Dr. Coulter is that she is reflective. Overall I think she’s doing a great job, she has an incredible vision, she’s really student-centered.” Ms. Nadia: “I think Dr. Coulter is doing an amazing job. It feels as if she probably has been a principal in her past life or if this is what she was set to do. She’s doing an amazing job, she’s here for the staff, she’s here for the students, she’s here for the school, and mostly I feel like she’s here for the community.” As a new principal, Dr. Coulter brings a wealth of changes that will hopefully make the school much greater than it is now. Dr. Coulter: “So the reason why I wanted to be a principal at San Jacinto High School is I actually live in the community and one of the things that really drives me is creating schools that 1.) I would put my own daughter in 2.) serve the community that I live in. I feel that it is a great privilege and I have a great sense of responsibility for being the principal of the high school.” Her time here has also allowed here to roughly interact with most of the students of SJ. Dr. Coulter: “My time as the new principal at San Jacinto has been absolutely amazing. I love the students. When I’m out walking through the quad or just in a classroom interacting with the kids or out going to the different students of the month. I also was very privileged to be able to watch our football team go to state, that was a huge blessing.”