Disability Awareness Club

March 30, 2023

The disability awareness club aims to create a safe and inclusive space for students with disabilities. Ms. Cameron: The goals for the club are to make our student’s disabilities more known around campus, and we also want to make them feel included with other students. By working together and promoting understanding, the club is helping to break down barriers and create a more equitable society for all. Mrs. Diane: Then coming up on the week of the 20th of February, actually March already we’re gonna be doing a spirit week and each day we’ll be representing a different disability. The club provides a sense of community and support for students with disabilities, helping them to feel further connected and empowered. As a member of the club, they strive to educate others about the challenges and triumphs of people with disabilities. Believing that a disability should not be a barrier to living, and work to create a more inclusive society. Alyssa: The club would help I think not just me but others kind of understand the different disabilities there are and also, it’s definitely brought more awareness to my brother more because he considered them different but now he thinks they’re just like us but he also tries to become friends with some of them so they don’t feel so left out all the time. Ms. Cameron: You do not need a disability to join, we welcome new members and we are always accepting new people on campus to join us. So anyone that would like to join, please come see us in room 204.