February 13th 2023 – Tiger Morning News

February 13, 2023

What’s happening this week!

Attention Seniors! Don’t forget to complete your COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP PORTFOLIO for an opportunity to be eligible for the many scholarship opportunities available through our local community agencies. The last day to submit your portfolio is MARCH 2! Please come by the counseling office this Wednesday during FLEX time for more information and to hear about additional scholarship opportunities. Get that FREE MONEY for colleges, universities, or trade schools $$$!

Disabilities Awareness Club Photo Booth

When: February 14th

1st and 2nd Lunch

1 Photo-$5.00

2 Photos & Goodie Bag-$10.00

Colored and Black&White Photos will be available.

Thank you,

Camryn Bootsma

Hey Tigers!

Submit your Senior Quotes HERE!

https://forms.gle/AKzqmNsyAaGkukN9A

Quotes are due February 28th, 2022!

Thank you so much! 

Jacobie Bluhm 

CTE Digital Media

SJHS Website Advisor

SJHS Yearbook Advisor

SJHS Dance Club

Room 115  ext. 2115

“Do or do not, there is no try.” – Yoda

Good morning Tiger Staff!!!

National School Counseling Week 2023, “School Counselors: Helping Students Dream Big,” celebrated Feb. 6-10, 2023, focuses public attention on the unique contribution of school counselors within U.S. school systems. National School Counseling Week, sponsored by American School CCounseling Association, highlights school counselors’ tremendous impact in helping students achieve school success and plan for a career. National School Counseling Week is always celebrated the first full week in February.

Today’s theme for Monday Feb 6th is: “My students help me DREAM big by…” We’d love for you to share how your students help YOU dream big. Return your form to counseling (for a treat as well!), and we’ll be sharing out with students how much teachers are inspired to DREAM BIG by their students

It’s that time of year again! Softball is doing our annual merchandise sale. We are working with a new company this year, and I think you’re all going to really like the selection.

Click here to access the online store: San Jacinto Tigers Fundraiser 2023

There is a selection of tops, bottoms, outerwear, headwear, and a car decal. Please be sure to pay special attention when selecting items. There are unisex/men’s sizing, women’s sizing, and youth sizing.

This year is a little different than in recent years, your orders will be shipped to me at the high school and will be distributed from there. If you could do me a big favor and send me an email with what you ordered, I’d greatly appreciate it. That way I can keep track of who ordered what to make distributing easier.

If you would like to give one of the athletes below credit for the items you purchase, please include that in the email as well.

Mia Aguilera Audrey Gonzales
Su’la Arviso Audrina Mendoza
Lucy Barreras Daleiny Mendoza
Caroline Blanco London Moore
Alina Bracamontes So’a Nelson
Alix Buenrostro Adrianna Ramirez
Keyera Cameron Ashlyn Russell
Darlett Cervantes Arabel Sagastume
Brianna Cortez Brandi San Nicolas
Angel Cripe Maritza Soto
Adriana Cruz Audra Tabita
Bella Cruz Emily Vargas
Lillian Fernley Adrianna Villalobos
Paulena Gallegos Sophia Villalobos
Selena Gallegos Jayden Villela
Mylah Gandy Jocie Yepa

The fundraiser will close on Friday February 17th. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will answer the best I can.

Thank you for your continued support of your SJHS Tigers!

Muscentavia (class website)

Attention All Seniors. The deadline to turn in Community Service Hours is March 31st. All seniors must have at least 40 hours of Community Service as it is a graduation requirement. Please turn in your hours to Lisa or Monica in the Registrar’s Office room #118.

Medals are available for pick up in the Assistant Principal’s office #119 for those students who did not attend the Tiger Academic Excellence Award ceremony.

IMPORTANT DEADLINE: All seniors who took concurrent enrollment classes at MSJC must submit their official transcript from MSJC to the Registrar’s Office in Room 118 by January 31st in order to receive high school credit.  If you have any questions please see Lisa or Monica in Room 118.

Happy Monday Everybody!

We are officially 1 week out from Valentine’s Day! If anybody is still interested in purchasing flowers for Valentine’s Day please let me know! FFA are selling single flowers, bouquets, and vase arrangements! They will be in beautiful arrangements of red, pinks and whites. Buyers choice! Roses and carnations will be available! Prices may vary as the time gets closer to Valentines Day. 

Single flowers: 

$5 Roses 

$3 Carnations

Bouquets

Small (3-5 flowers)- Carnations $15  Roses $25

Medium (6-10 flowers)- Carnations $19  Roses $35

Large (11-12 flowers)- Carnations $23 Roses $45

Vase:

Small (3-5 flowers)- Carnations  $20 Roses $30

Medium (6-10 flowers)- Carnations $24 Roses $40

Large (11-12 flowers)- Carnations $28 Roses $50

If you don’t see the size you want at the moment, please feel free to contact me!

To order: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJZ6mrKp2gkYAx3OrpQWJ56qglG1ERyhC0kl_lB7kPvpAmyA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Cheyenne Caballero

Agriculture Teacher

FFA Advisor

The Talent Search Program is in need of 100 new participants to fulfill recruitment needs.  

Talent Search Flyer (Free Tutoring)

Talent Search Tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in Room 110.

Eva Aceves – Angeles, MAEd.

Academic Advisor

Talent Search Program

Mt. San Jacinto College

Contact Information

[email protected]

[email protected]

Work Phone Number: (951) 487-3272

Work Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm / Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm

For more information please visit:

Talent Search Program at MSJC Website

Talent Search Application

Talent Search Application in English

Solicitud de Talent Search

Solicitud de Talent Search en Espanol

Class of 2023

Class of 2023 – Senior Survey Complete ASAP

Needs Assessment

Talent Search Program – Student Needs Assessment 2022 – 2023 Complete it Today!

Don’t be left out! Juniors:

Are you interested in leaving campus for lunch in your SENIOR year? Come by the Assistant Principals’ office in room 119 and pick up your application!

Applications must be signed by student and parent, then returned to Jasmine or Denise anytime between now and June 2, 2023. Last day of school!

Applications submitted after June 2nd WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

Graduation: 

Friday, June 2nd 

7:30pm

Tiger Stadium

Graduation Practice:

Tuesday-Friday, May 30-June 2

Time: 8:30-11:30

Practice is Mandatory!!

2023 SENIOR INFORMATION

Hello Tigers!!

I hope your finals are faring well with your students! I just wanted to share a couple of flyers with you as I prepare to begin my massive recruiting process for the 2023-2024 school year. I will be sending one more flyer out for color guard as well tomorrow!

The band parent meeting will be in the library! A lot of information will be covered in this meeting!

The purpose of all of these clinics is to get all students on the same page in terms of music literacy, instrument technique and marching technique (we will start marching technique in March/April). This way when band camp rolls around in July students are not lost or confused when musical or marching concepts are asked of them. I just want to ensure student success as we grow.

For students interested in drumline it is in the best interest for them to attend clinics from day one. They will be learning proper technique on drumline instruments as well as front ensemble. Drumline and percussion will be only open to actual percussionists (students who play drums). Drumline Auditions will be March 27- March 31 and the drumline will be selected March 31, 2023.

If you know any former band students who would be interested in returning to band please share with them.

Thank you for the continued support of the Tiger Band Program!

Mr. Harris

Sports Announcements

Winter Sports

We had a good showing at CIF for both boys and girls wrestling this past weekend. Final results, Jared Flores took 8th place while Megan Valdez took 6th place and qualified for this weekend’s Masters Tournament where Megan will have the opportunity to qualify for the State Championship Tournament