January 10th 2023 – Tiger Morning News

January 10, 2023

What’s happening this week!

TEACHERS & STAFF OF SENIORS! 

THE FOLLOWING EMAIL WENT OUT SENIORS TODAY. PLEASE REMIND ANY AND ALL SENIORS TO FILL OUT THE FORM TO GET A CAP AND GOWN FOR THEIR SPECIFIC HEIGHT AND WEIGHT. THERE IS NO CHARGE.  IF THEY DO NOT FILL OUT THE FORM, THEY TAKE A CHANCE OF A GENERIC SIZE.

WELCOME BACK SENIORS!

Here is some important information regarding graduation.

SJUSD purchases graduation caps and gowns for all SJHS graduates. Students must still go to the website to order the cap and gown to make sure you receive the correct size. TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO ORDER!

Here is the link to order the cap and gown. 

http:Herff.ly/contactcard

If you would like to order class rings or other soft goods please visit Herffjones.com

The company representative will also be on campus during both lunch on the following dates to answer any questions you may have:

January 11th (THIS WEDNESDAY)

February 1st

Match 1st

You can also email me directly if you or your families have any questions.

Mrs. Clark

San Jacinto wrestling will be facing off against Liberty High School on Thursday. The event will take place in the gym at 5:00 pm. We look forward to seeing you there.

Medals are available for pick up in the Assistant Principal’s office #119 for those students who did not attend the Tiger Academic Excellence Award ceremony.

Talent Search Tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in Room 110.

Good afternoon Tigers! 

I hope your finals are faring well with your students! I just wanted to share a couple of flyers with you as I prepare to begin my massive recruiting process for the 2023-2024 school year. I will be sending one more flyer out for color guard as well tomorrow!

The band parent meeting will be in the library! A lot of information will be covered in this meeting!

The purpose of all of these clinics is to get all students on the same page in terms of music literacy, instrument technique and marching technique (we will start marching technique in March/April). This way when band camp rolls around in July students are not lost or confused when musical or marching concepts are asked of them. I just want to ensure student success as we grow.

For students interested in drumline it is in the best interest for them to attend clinics from day one. They will be learning proper technique on drumline instruments as well as front ensemble. Drumline and percussion will be only open to actual percussionists (students who play drums). Drumline Auditions will be March 27- March 31 and the drumline will be selected March 31, 2023.

If you know any former band students who would be interested in returning to band please share with them.

Thank you for the continued support of the Tiger Band Program!

Mr. Harris

Sports Announcements

No sports for today 🙁