Safety Around High School’s

November 16, 2022

“Name and grade level?” Questions Lucas Z.

“My name is Ramses Ayala. I’m a sophomore here at San Jacinto high school.” States Ramses.

“Alright, uh do you believe the school is making the students feel safe?” Questions Lucas Z.

“I believe that they are not making the school feel safe.” States Ramses.

“Do you think they should make some changes to reinforce safety around the school, and if so, what are those changes?” Questions Lucas Z.

“Personally, I don’t think they should make changes, but for bettering the school, for improvement, I think they should uhh work on the security measures a little bit, you know, talk to the students a little bit more… communicate, I feel like that would be good changes for the school.” States Ramses.

“I agree I agree, How do you feel about the drills the school sets in place like if there’s a shooting or an earthquake?” Questions Lucas Z.

“uhhh I feel like those drills are not necessarily as important as other factors, or other things that could be changed, but it’s better to know them than to not.” States Ramses.

“mhm mhm, Do you know what to do in these drills?” Questions Lucas Z.

“Yeah I’ve been doing them ever since I was a little boy and it’s been integrated into my head” States Ramses.

“Are there areas on campus that you feel safer at?” Questions Lucas Z.

“Nope I think that everything is a bit unsafe, but I feel like in the classroom you have less of anything bad happening” States Ramses.

“mhm that’s true Thank you for your time, Ramses. Have a Great day” States Lucas Z

“Okay” Ramse says.

“Ian, Tenth grade” Ian states.

“Okay, Do you believe that the school is making the students feel safe?” Questions Lucas Z.

“Yes, somewhat” Ian states

“Do you think they should make some changes to reinforce safety around the school?” Questions Lucas Z.

“No it’s all good” Ian states

“How do you feel about the drills the school sets in place like if there’s a shooting, earthquake?” Questions Lucas Z.

“It’s all great,” Ian states

“Do you know what to do in these drills?” Questions Lucas Z.

“Yes” Ian states

“Yes, of course” Ian states

“Where would those places be?” Questions Lucas Z.

“Lunch areas and restrooms” Ian states

“Alright thank you for your time, have a great day.” States Lucas Z.

“No problem” Ian states

“My name is Jalisa Horigan and I’m in tenth grade.” states Jalisa.

“Do you believe the school is making the students feel safe?” Questions Lucas Z.

“I believe that this school is making students safe by having several campus security guards here with cameras to alway keep watch for us.” states Jalisa

“Do you think they should make some changes to reinforce safety around the school” Questions Lucas Z.

“I think they should add a little bit more cameras. As some cameras do not fully show all the areas, especially the front of the school. It can block the cars that come past us which can lead to dangerment and parents dangering us.” states Jalisa.

“How do you feel about the drills the school sets in place like if there’s a shooting, earthquake” Questions Lucas Z.

“I think they set very good drills. They’re really easy to follow, and there is very little confusion” states Jalisa.

“Yes, I do know what to do at these drills,” states Jalisa.

“Are there areas on campus that you feel safer at” Questions Lucas Z.

“I feel safe in classrooms that I am in. Where I have teachers that I know will help make sure we are safe and protected.” states Jalisa.

“Thank you for your time, have a great day.” States Lucas Z.

“Thank you.” states Jalisa.