November 16th 2022 – Tiger Morning News

Announcements

Attention Seniors! Today counselors will be having our weekly Scholarship Workshop during FLEX Time in the Counseling Center. Please join us for information about scholarship opportunities. This week we will be working on the Community Scholarship Portfolio application.  We also have some scholarships to tell you about. We hope to see you there!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY SENIORS!

Here is some important information regarding graduation.

SJUSD purchases graduation caps and gowns for all SJHS graduates. Students must still go to the website to order the cap and gown to make sure you receive the correct size. The sooner you order, the better, so don’t wait.

Here is the link to order the cap and gown.

http:Herff.ly/contactcard

If you would like to order class rings or other soft goods please visit Herffjones.com

The company representative will also be on campus during both lunch on the following dates to answer any questions you may have:

December 7th

January 11th

February 1st

Match 1st

You can also email me directly if you or your families have any questions.

Mrs. Clark

Good morning Tigers. Besides clothing, are you also aware that those battling homelessness would be grateful to receive in the form of basic hygiene products? Therefore, we invite you to join us in supporting the annual hygiene drive. Even just one item gives relief. The dates for collection will be from November 28th to December 2nd. For your convenience, there will be drop bins in the library. Please check the flyer for items desired. Thanks!

Hello Class of 2023,

Do you want a chance to WIN an extra graduation ticket???  

From Nov. 7th – Dec. 16th, we will have our first SENIOR ATTENDANCE CHALLENGE!!!

You will be entered into a drawing for an extra graduation ticket if you have the following:

• Zero Tardies from Nov. 7th – Dec. 16th
  • Zero Unexcused Period Absences from Nov. 7th – Dec. 16th
  • Zero Unexcused Full Day Absences from Nov. 7th – Dec. 16th

Five names will be drawn randomly from the students who meet the criteria above.

Will YOU be one of the WINNERS???

Remember – YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!!!

Do you need community service hours? The wrestling team is looking for volunteers for both home and weekend tournaments.

The weekend tournaments can earn students over 40 hours of community service in one season. If you’re interested, please speak to  Mr. Lopez in room 604 for more details.

Talent Search Tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in Room 110

To all students who have taken MSJC classes off campus. Please turn in your MSJC Official Transcript if you have not done so already to Lisa Aldrich in the Registrar’s Office room #118. Or you can send them electronically by adding the Registrar [email protected] as the recipient.

Tutoring sessions for students taking MSJC Math 140 (Statistics) or Math 211 (Calculus 1)  Fall 2022 semester will be held in room 617 every Friday from 210 pm to 310 pm.

Sports Announcements

Winter sports start this week!  Good luck!

CIF Semi-Final Football Game at home at 7pm on Friday

Team Managers

Boys Basketball needs several responsible students who are willing and able to attend every game, record stats, and film games.

Students can earn Community service hours.

Requirements: Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher, complete Athletic Clearance, and talk to either Mr. Davis in room 535 or DeSean Gilmore campus security.

Charles Davis

Boys Basketball

Girls Water Polo

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS

Come Out and Join the Team

Mandatory Meeting: October 27,2022 @ 3:45pm, on the pool deck.

Practice Begins: November 14, 2022 @ 4:00pm.

Athletic Packet and Physical must be completed beforehand in order to enter the pool.

Any Questions: Contact Coach Cripe @ [email protected]