Culinary’s New Teacher

Flor Coc, Production Team

The video begins with Mrs.Tamara saying,  “Hello, I am the culinary teacher at SJHS” 

What experience do you have and how long have you been teaching culinary 

Mrs.Tamara responds with, “This is actually my first year teaching culinary art, but I’ve been in the industry for 8 years.”

What is one projects you did with your students”

Mrs.Tamara responds with “Our first project was, we prepared a meal for the football team, last friday.”

What are the goals or focus of the projects?

Mrs.Tamara responds with, “The goals are to make sure the kids have an understanding on how to read a recipe and do correct measurements and conversations.

Before the end of the year what do you want to accomplish and what do you want your students to accomplish?

Mrs.Tamara responds with,  “At the end of the year, I want all my students to have their food handling carved and is ready to work in the industry.”

“Hi, I’m Dave Ordonez. I’ve been in culinary since last year, junior year. This year it’s better, we’re in second year, we’ve already learned everything. We have all our skills now.” Dave Ordonez inputs.

“Oh, hi there. I’m De’andre. I’m a senior and I’m in culinary. I guess I considered culinary class actually fun, you guys. We come in here, she gives us papers and we get to cook what’s on the recipes or what’s on the paper. We have to follow directions and she just lets us have our own will. I’m having a great time doing it. If you’re a freshman or anything you guys should definitely get into it , I recommend it. Mrs. Hardy is great. She’s patient, she’s great and we be lit.” De’Andre inputs.

Thanks to Mrs.Tamara, De’Andre and Dave Ordonez for helping.