October 19th 2022 – Tiger Morning News

Student Announcements

Hey everyone!

We have makeup photos coming onto campus on October 20th. 

This is intended for students who have joined the school year late, missed photos, and/or need an ID card.

If students have taken a temporary photo, they will need a new photo.

Students can leave to take their pictures during their English class to alleviate long lines.

This is also intended for Staff who have not taken their photo for the yearbook/their ID badge.

This is NOT for students that have already taken pictures.

THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE FOR STUDENTS TO GET AN ID CARD.

The place is the PE room by the gym. Students can go during their English class.

Tiger Den is hosting our fall/winter drive-thru

Please Donate like-new/clean outerwear (shirts, pants jacket, shoes, and etc) All donations will benefit our students who are in need. Thank you For your support! It will be starting on October 28th 2:00 – 4:00 at the San Jacinto High School Stadium Parking Lot

SJHS will be hosting UTICA UNIVERSITY on October 27th VIRTUALLY during BOTH lunches! Sign up in the counseling center for the presentation!

INTERESTED IN JOINING A LATINO DANCE CLUB??? SIGN UP WITH MR. ALVARADO, ROOM 208!!! OR email Mr. Alvarado or use the following GOOGLE DOC to sign up: https://forms.gle/KaQVY4jHns4m1WTq6

Students:  Do you need to clear tardies?  You may serve community service:  On campus – before school, after school or lunchtime.  Off campus – at any non profit organization.  1 hour will clear 2 tardies.  It is your responsibility to make arrangements.  Pick up a Community Service slip in room 118.

TRYOUTS! JV & Varsity girls soccer, full tryouts will begin the week of October 17th-20th. Athletic clearance is required!athleticclearance.com

To all students who have taken MSJC classes off campus. Please turn in your MSJC Official Transcript if you have not done so already to Lisa Aldrich in the Registrar’s Office room #118. Or you can send them electronically by adding the Registrar [email protected] as the recipient.

Calling all softball players. Practices begin Tuesday October 4. These are for returners and newcomers in preparation for tryouts. Tryouts will be held October 25 and 26. All athletes must be cleared through Home Campus to participate in any workouts. See Coach Muscente in 212 if you have questions.

Are you interested in being a Tigers Mascot? Please email Coach Draw at [email protected] with your full name and student number for requirements and expectations. Thank you for your interest!

Attention Tigers! We are still looking for Lady Tigers who like to run or are up for a challenge.

See Coach Salcedo in room 207 or Join the Google Classroom for more information.

You will need a physical and athleticclearance.com before you can practice.

Come join the best of the best! Class code: lrosarr

Tutoring sessions for students taking MSJC Math 140 (Statistics) or Math 211 (Calculus 1)  Fall 2022 semester will be held in room 617 every Friday from 210 pm to 310 pm.

Boys Volleyball practice has started.

The 1st round of boys volleyball tryouts will be Oct 31st and Nov 2, at 6:30AM in the gym.  

•  Must be cleared by Home Campus,
  •  Must have a 2.0 bring proof of grades

If you have any questions please stop and see Coach Ray in room 204.

Time to get in shape and start your year right by joining the Aztec Dance Club!!  Learn about Latin, Folkloric, and Aztec dances. For further details, send an email to Mr. Alvarado ([email protected]) or go to room 208.

Hello tigers!

SJHS MECHA invites you to celebrate the start of Hispanic Heritage Month, observed Sept. 15- Oct. 15.

This year’s theme is:

“Unidos: Inclusivity for a Stronger Nation.”

The theme invites us to celebrate Hispanic Heritage and to reflect on how great our tomorrow can be if we hold onto our resilience and hope. Both the theme and poster reinforce the need to ensure diverse voices and perspectives are welcomed in decision-making processes, thereby helping to build stronger communities and a stronger Nation. It encourages us to reflect on all of the contributions Hispanics have made in the past, and will continue to make in the future. It is also a reminder that we are stronger together. All races, all colors, all backgrounds, all humans.

For more info. & to join club MECHA sign up in room 207 both lunches

SPORTS

Fall

Football

Freshman SJHS vs. West Valley 4pm @West Valley. Release 2pm. Depart 2:30pm.

Water Polo-

Varsity SJHS vs. West Valley 4pm @Home. Release 3pm.