February 18, 2022 – Morning Announcements

February 18, 2022 - Morning Announcements

Student Announcements:

Bessie Coleman-  Bessie Coleman was an American civil aviator. She was the first woman of African-American descent, and the first of Native American descent, to hold a pilot’s license. She achieved her international pilot license in 1921.

Attention Seniors: The Community Scholarship Portfolio is due on February 28. Don’t miss this opportunity to be eligible for scholarships from our local community sponsors to help pay for college! For more information, come to the Counseling Scholarship Workshop every “A” week on Wednesday at 2 pm in the Counseling Center (Rm 216) or come by and talk to Mr. Carmona and Mrs. Nichols.

Interested in joining Link Crew? Please click the link to complete the application. You must currently be a sophomore or junior in order to apply.

Attention Juniors: Are you interested in leaving campus for lunch next year as a senior? If the answer is yes, please come by Room 119 to pick up your off-campus lunch form.  Applications are due anytime between now and June 2nd. No late applications will be accepted after June 2nd

Attention Tigers! Send in your pictures for clubs, sports, or any school events, and get featured in the yearbook! Email Mr. Salcedo or stop by room 207 for more information.

We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to travel with your friends this summer! Have you dreamed of seeing London, Paris, or Amsterdam? We have a student trip to Europe coming up this June and next June! Payments are low. See Mrs. Thomas in room 227 for more information. More info will be sent out in emails soon

Sports:

Girls Softball Tournament  – Varsity vs Aquinas Palm Springs Tnmt @ Demuth Park 8am & 12:00 depart 6am & JV TBA @ Big League Dreams 3:00  release 12:30 depart 12:45

SATURDAY:

Boys Varsity Volleyball WV Tournament @ West Valley High School TBA

Girls Varsity Softball Palm Springs Tnmt @ Demuth Park TBA

“SJHS Cheer will be having tryout clinics April 4th through April 7th on the blacktop next to the PE classrooms. Cheer tryouts will be on April 8th in the gym. Our first parent/guardian meeting is on March 10, 2022, at 6 pm virtually. All information can be found on Instagram and the Cheer BAND APP. You can also contact Coach Draw in room 621 or Coach Ana in the health office for more information. Thank you.”