February 7, 2022 – Morning Announcements

February 7, 2022 - Morning Announcements

Student Announcements:

George Washington Carver was a prominent African-American scientist and inventor. Carver is best known for the many uses he devised for peanuts. He was an agricultural chemist who gained acclaim for his discovery of alternative farming methods. Among the products, Carver developed from peanuts were soap, face powder, mayonnaise, shampoo, metal polish, and adhesives.

For one night only come see the Theatre’s “One Acts!” A series of four short plays that are sincere, heartfelt, and all-around funny! February 8th at 6 pm in the theatre. Admission is Free! See you there!

Seniors, you will have one last opportunity to take your Senior Photos for the yearbook.

Students must make an in-studio appointment with The House of Portraits by calling (951) 654-9999.

The dates available are Tuesday, February 8th  through Friday, February 11th, and Tuesday, February 15th through Friday, February 18th.

This will be for the yearbook photo only and this will be the last chance to get photographed and be included in the yearbook. THIS IS FOR MAKE-UP ONLY.

We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to travel with your friends this summer! Have you dreamed of seeing London, Paris, or Amsterdam? We have a student trip to Europe coming up this June and next June! Payments are low. See Mrs. Thomas in room 227 for more information. More info will be sent out in emails soon.

Sports:

Interested in playing Boys Volleyball tryouts start after school from Feb 7th through Feb 10th, come and see Coach Ray in room 523 and you must register in Home Campus and be cleared before you are allowed to try out.

Hey San Jacinto Tigers, our Tiger Swim Team is looking for YOU and excited for another great season but the more swimmers the better so see Coach Johnston, coach Day, or Coach Cripe any day after school at the pool to join us by Feb. 3rd or email [email protected] with any questions.

Tiger Tennis season has begun. All boys who are interested in playing team tennis report to the tennis courts after school. Be sure to be cleared for sports and have clothes and shoes to practice in.

Students interested in joining the 2022 Mountain Bike Team need to stop by room 419 for more information.

Track and Field athletes will check in with Coach Bud at the stadium at 3 o’clock every day. More information will be passed then.