February 1, 2022 – Morning Announcements

February 1, 2022 - Morning Announcements

Student Announcements:

The celebration of Black History Month began as “Negro History Week,” which was created in 1926 by Carter G. Woodson, a noted African American historian, scholar, educator, and publisher. It became a month-long celebration in 1976. The month of February was chosen to coincide with the birthdays of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln.

There will be a BSU meeting in ASB after school this Wednesday, February 2nd.

IMPORTANT DEADLINE: All students who took concurrent enrollment classes at MSJC must submit their official transcript from MSJC to the Registrar’s Office in Room 118 by TODAY February 1st in order to receive high school credit.  If you have any questions please see Kelly or Lisa in Room 118.

On Saturday, 5 February, the San Jacinto High School AFJROTC unit will be holding its annual color guard competition meet. Schools from Southern California will be competing with U.S. Air Force and Army Drill Sergeants judging them on their dress and appearance, knowledge, and their color guard routine. The meet starts at 9:00 am in the gym. Come on out and support your AFJROTC program!

We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to travel with your friends this summer! Have you dreamed of seeing London, Paris, or Amsterdam? We have a student trip to Europe coming up this June and next June! Payments are low. See Mrs. Thomas in room 227 for more information. More info will be sent out in emails soon.

Sports:

Girls Water Polo vs Banning @ Banning 3:15 – release 1:30 depart 1:45

Girls Soccer vs Citrus Hill @ Citrus Hill – JV4:15 release 1:45 depart 2:00 & Varsity 6:00 depart 4:00

Girls Basketball vs Citrus Hill @ Citrus Hill – Varsity 5:00 release 1:30 depart 4:00

Boys Soccer vs Citrus Hill @ SJHS – JV 3:15 release 2:00 & Varsity 5:00

Boys Basketball vs Citrus Hill @ SJHS – Varsity 5:00

Hey San Jacinto Tigers, our Tiger Swim Team is looking for YOU and excited for another great season but the more swimmers the better so see Coach Johnston, coach Day, or Coach Cripe any day after school at the pool to join us by Feb. 3rd or email [email protected] with any questions

Tiger Tennis season has begun. All boys who are interested in playing team tennis report to the tennis courts after school. Be sure to be cleared for sports and have clothes and shoes to practice in.

Interested in playing Boys Volleyball tryouts start after school from Feb 7th through Feb 10th, come and see Coach Ray in room 523 and you must register in Home Campus and be cleared before you are allowed to try out,

Students interested in joining the 2022 Mountain Bike Team need to stop by room 419 for more information.

Track and Field athletes will check in with Coach Bud at the stadium at 3 o’clock every day. More information will be passed then.